Our attorneys have extensive experience litigating complex commercial matters in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout the country.
- Defeated motion to dismiss by Time Warner, Inc. in breach-of-contract action on behalf of an employment placement agency. Dunhill Professional Staffing of Hawaii v. Time Warner Cable, Inc., Index No. 651749/13 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Co.).
- Defamation action against a multi-billion-dollar hedge fund arising from a news publication concerning a company in which the hedge fund had invested. Carroll v. TheStreet.com et al., No. 11-81173 (S.D. Fla.).
- Representing investment group asserting fraud claims in connection with real-estate transaction. TMDL Haviland LLC v. KMG Owner Haviland LLC, Index No. 653027/14 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Co.).
- Represented a major insurance carrier in a coverage appeal resulting in complete reversal of a multi-million dollar judgment. ACE American Ins. Co. v. RC2 Corp., 600 F.3d 763 (7th Cir. 2010).
- Defended a real-estate-development company and acted as co-lead defense liaison counsel in a consolidated litigation involving dozens of individual lawsuits arising out of the March 15, 2008 crane collapse in Manhattan. In re East 51 St Street Crane Collapse Litigation, Index No. 769000/08 (Sup. Ct. N.Y. Co.).
- Represented a major car-rental company in an antitrust class-action litigation alleging that various car-rental companies agreed to pass on to consumers airport concession fees and a state tourism commission in California. Shames et al. v. The Hertz Corp. et al., No. 07 CV 2174 (S.D. Cal.).