- Wellesley College, 2014
- Fordham University School of Law, magna cum laude, 2017
- New York
- Hon. Paul J. Kelly, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Maria Angela Brusco is an associate at Grossman LLP, where her practices focuses on complex commercial disputes, including art-related matters on behalf of collectors, galleries, institutions, as well as artists and their estates and foundations. She has litigated matters involving authenticity and title disputes, intellectual-property issues, and fraud. She has litigated in both federal and state courts, and has experience in transactional law in capital markets and technology transactions. Before joining Grossman LLP, Maria was an associate at White & Case LLP and later a law clerk for Hon. Paul J. Kelly, Jr. on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. She was selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars in 2023.Representative matters include:
- Ongoing representation of several art collectors in a series of lawsuits arising from high-profile international art fraud.
- Advising foundations that manage artists’ estates in protecting the artists’ markets and legacies.
- Advising on transactions and licensing arrangements involving artists’ intellectual property.
- Representing clients in FINRA and JAMS arbitration hearings.
- Advising companies in their public and private securities offerings.
- Advising boards of directors in corporate governance matters.
- Representing plaintiff in a federal civil rights jury trial.
In law school, Maria was an associate editor of the Fordham Law Review and published a Note. She was an associate editor on the Fordham Law Moot Court Board and a member of the Brendan Moore Trial Advocacy Center. She won best advocate in the Tendy Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition. As an alumna, she coaches trial advocacy at Fordham.